-->
SITE UPDATE: as of April 11th 2006, this site is no longer being updated, if you are not being redirected, please click and bookmark my new site: http://www.sanfranciscodailyphoto.com/

> Tuesday, January 31, 2006: The Return Of The Vespa

 
(click the thumbnail above for a larger format)

Recently, I've seen a few of these brand new looking old-style Vespas in San Francisco and I've been wondering... what just happened? Are we back in the seventies? Or have they always been here and I didn't notice them until now? Or did they actually just bolt here straight from the seventies this past weekend (with a flower in their hair)? That last scenario is the one I would pick if given the choice, the idea kinda sounds cool. But I did a little research and it seems that this 1977 model was recently revamped and reintroduced in the U.S. market just a little over a year ago. Alright, that explains it then... 2006: you can carry on!

> view this location on a map


Comments:

There's a lot of Vespas over here. I think they are cool looking too. (submitted on January 31, 2006)  

They've been popular here in Minneapolis for the past two years. I saw them everywhere last summer. Very trendy, but not as practical where the land is covered in ice and snow for half the year. (submitted on January 31, 2006)  

Tena koe ehoa
It seems as though yesterdays fodder is todays trend. Retro is back in a big way. Vespa has always held a certain stigma with it in Aotearoa (New Zealand). That only provides people with apsirations to be something most are not, at least in my opinion. Very cool image.
(submitted on January 31, 2006)
 

I thought San Francisco was in the US...
Obviously, it is in Southern Italia!
(submitted on January 31, 2006)
 

The color of this shot is great! Vespas are nice too. I've seen a few around here, but around UCLA there are so many. (submitted on January 31, 2006)  

They're becoming more popular around Melbourne. Nice new one at http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1200/801/400/IMG_9942.jpg
on http://stkildatoday.blogspot.com/
(submitted on January 31, 2006)
 

There has been a resurgence of them in London the last ten years. The uber-chef, Jamie Oliver helped promote their image, too.
Incidently, he made some good TV, and also history, by making a program that changed the way school dinners are prepared in this country
There is a scooter shop in great littlemarket - I'll see if I can get a shot of it soon.
(submitted on February 01, 2006)
 

Grande bellissima vespa rossa
Ciao da JOE
(submitted on February 01, 2006)
 

nice shot. But it's a pity that the vespa logo is not 100% in focus and looks an bit blurred. It's nice to see how simple a good image can be. (submitted on April 16, 2006)  



Post a Comment



> return to home page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Top100Bloggers.com

directories: blogarama | blogsweet | bloghub | bloggeries | photolinks
(if I forgot to list your city, please let me know, I can't keep up these days!)


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License


free website hit counter