-->
SITE UPDATE: as of April 11th 2006, this site is no longer being updated, if you are not being redirected, please click and bookmark my new site: http://www.sanfranciscodailyphoto.com/

> Thursday, January 26, 2006: San Francisco Dining

 
(click the thumbnail above for a larger format)

There's lots of great restaurants in San Francisco (and for those of you who know me well, this is quite a statement for me to make). You can basically find cuisines from all over the world at all sorts of price ranges. Surely, specific neighborhoods have their specialities (Mexican in the Mission, Italian in North Beach, and so on...).
I took this photo while having an early dinner (7pm) last night. The fact that it was early, on a weekday and that it started to rain in the evening explains the empty tables. In case you're interested, this particular restaurant is called Florio and is one of my favorites: I love the atmosphere, the food is fantastic and unique, and the service is impeccable.

> view this location on a map


Comments:

Tiens,dans la carte des vins: un Chateauneuf 2000 de chez Deydier et fils, je te reconnais bien là, sans aucun doute ce qui t'as attiré dans ce haut lieu. (submitted on January 26, 2006)  

I never been to that place during my time there, too bad it seems. But I did like a lot "Galette", the French crepes place on that same street, Fillmore :) (submitted on January 26, 2006)  

so, what did you have last night? it looks like a lovely ambiance. (submitted on January 26, 2006)  

Lolo: le Chateauneuf, tu sais, c'est pas trop mon truc...

Karine: bad news, Galette is no more... I was very sad... well, there's still Ticouz in the Mission though! ;-)

Manuel
(submitted on January 26, 2006)
 

Mmmm... Reminds me that it's restaurant week in Nyc :) (submitted on January 26, 2006)  

y'en a qui s'embetent pas... (submitted on January 26, 2006)  

Ticouz I sure know that one super well. I used to live a block away ! and we were going once a week! I wish crepes places were as popular in Buenos Aires as they are in San Francisco.
Cheers.
(submitted on January 26, 2006)
 

ms.miami: I "experimented" with the pan fried chicken liver as a starter (I never had chicken liver before and it was great) which I realized later was a meal by itself. Then I had the pork ragu on polenta (I'm not a big fan of polenta usually, but yesterday's reconciled me I think).

dolce: restaurant week! free meals for everyone? ;-)

karine: it sounds like you used to live at a highly strategic spot!

Manuel
(submitted on January 26, 2006)
 

Filmore!!! Great food. They have a great Peruvian place.

I changed my Blog name can you please make the correction:

http://ocdailyphoto.blogspot.com
(submitted on January 26, 2006)
 

Rodney, I just updated your link. Fresca is the restaurant you're talking about I think. They have a few locations in the city now.

Manuel
(submitted on January 27, 2006)
 

mmm- i'll keep this place in mind if i'm ever in your neck of the woods. (submitted on January 27, 2006)  



Post a Comment



> return to home page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Top100Bloggers.com

directories: blogarama | blogsweet | bloghub | bloggeries | photolinks
(if I forgot to list your city, please let me know, I can't keep up these days!)


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License


free website hit counter