-->
SITE UPDATE: as of April 11th 2006, this site is no longer being updated, if you are not being redirected, please click and bookmark my new site: http://www.sanfranciscodailyphoto.com/

> Monday, January 16, 2006: To The People Of La Mission

 
(click the thumbnail above for a larger format)

The Mission District is famous for its murals on the walls and facades of buildings, following a Mexican tradition of public art displays, celebrating cultural heritage and history. This particular one caught my eye today but I promise to bring you a few more on occasion.
For those of you who live around here or will travel here and want to see more, just see the location of this one on the map, go there and walk around: there are hundreds of them everywhere in that area! And make sure not to miss the small alleys, like Balmy alley.

> view this location on a map


Comments:

That map feature is pretty awesome. I love your blog -- if I could live anywhere else in the world, it would be San Francisco. (submitted on January 17, 2006)  

Funny, I work one block away from Bimbo's and live in the Mission. Are you stalking me? :) (submitted on January 17, 2006)  

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yours is absolutely wonderful! I visit Paris, One Photo a Day everyday, and will probably do the same with your blog. (submitted on January 17, 2006)  

Michele: I'm hoping that the photos will get you here in your thoughts, until you move for real!

Buzzgirl: I don't think so, but see where the next days take me and if you notice something weird, please do let me know! ;-)

Elisabeth: Thanks!

Manuel
(submitted on January 18, 2006)
 



Post a Comment



> return to home page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Top100Bloggers.com

directories: blogarama | blogsweet | bloghub | bloggeries | photolinks
(if I forgot to list your city, please let me know, I can't keep up these days!)


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License


free website hit counter