-->
SITE UPDATE: as of April 11th 2006, this site is no longer being updated, if you are not being redirected, please click and bookmark my new site: http://www.sanfranciscodailyphoto.com/

> Wednesday, March 29, 2006: Goliath The Pacific Heights Robot

 
(click the thumbnail above for a larger format)

This is Goliath, a privately owned work of art installed in front of a house in Pacific Heights. The installation of the robot a few years ago had caused quite some reactions in the neighborhood because, as you can see, it is naked! This past Christmas, Goliath was even attacked and vandalized which explains why his head is leaning on the side right now. As you can see, Goliath has had some rough days, but he's still here, and standing!

> view this location on a map


Comments:

hi
A naked robot? ok! I have never thought at what could be their roproduction. It is a little bit more clear.
(submitted on March 29, 2006)
 

Cute story and good find! (submitted on March 29, 2006)  

Interesting shot. I never heard of Coliath before. A find the story really cute, but the robot not so much ;) (submitted on March 29, 2006)  

Robot with reporductive organs, I'd like to see his tin offspring. Funny idea, good shot. (submitted on March 29, 2006)  

Manuel, how did I miss him?

The vid is up on google. Link at my place.
(submitted on March 29, 2006)
 

I love it, this is such a great finding ! (submitted on April 27, 2006)  



Post a Comment



> return to home page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Top100Bloggers.com

directories: blogarama | blogsweet | bloghub | bloggeries | photolinks
(if I forgot to list your city, please let me know, I can't keep up these days!)


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License


free website hit counter